[Gbbopen-list] Changes to portable threads

Paul Werkowski pw at snoopy.mv.com
Thu Aug 16 13:29:50 EDT 2007

I am now back to code that was working about a month ago before
the changes to the thread module. I am now encountering a problem
where Lispworks signals an error:

Error: PROCESS-WAIT called when scheduling not allowed

On the stack is gbbopen::do-evfns :after
with EVENT #<PEP::TX-TIMEOUT-EVENT>

which is one of my own event classes and a subclass of
gbbopen:timer-interrupt-event. This event is signalled from a Lispworks
timer by (mp:make-timer 'signal-event 'tx-timeout-event)

I start the control shell by
(start-control-shell :hibernate-on-quiescence t)

I found no mention of timer-interrupt-event in the gbbopen source except
for its definition. Have I strayed into uncharted territory here?

Paul

--
believed to be clean.