[Gbbopen-list] Losing events

Paul Werkowski pw at snoopy.mv.com
Thu Mar 29 11:24:43 EDT 2007

> Just to eliminate the obvious, I'm assuming that the signal-event is not
> being evaluated in a different process from the control shell.  (In
> other words, you are not seeing any "No control shell is servicing
> event" warnings.)

Correct.

> The next thing to look at is to double check that there are KS trigger,
> retrigger, or obviation events associated with "my-event".
> Describe-all-event-functions will show this.  Only events that trigger
> "control-shell activities" cause event objects to be created and put
> onto the control-shell's event buffer.

(Aside... documentation for describe-all-event-functions seems to
have vanished from doc set).

My-event was originally defined
  (define-event-class my-event (single-instance-event)())

I just changed it to inherit from non-instance-event and the problem
went away. Any clue there?

I have another event class which inherits from single-instance-event
(which I haven't tried to use yet) and shows up oddly in the output from
describe-all-event-functions:

MY-OTHER-EVENT
   STANDARD-UNIT-INSTANCE
     Triggers: MY-KS
   MY-UNIT-CLASS-X
     Triggers: MY-KS
   MY-UNIT-CLASS-Y
     Triggers: MY-KS
   <a long list like this>

where MY-KS is the only KS I have that wants MY-OTHER-EVENT.
I didn't expect to see the other unit classes listed there.

Paul

--
believed to be clean.