[Gbbopen-list] Losing events

Dan Corkill corkill at gbbopen.org
Thu Mar 29 10:46:29 EDT 2007

> I am working with the agenda-shell and sometimes get into a situation
> where a KSA does (signal-event 'my-event :instance some-instance) but
> the event does not get noticed by the shell even though there is a KSi
> with that event name on its :trigger-events list.
>
> When the shell then exits, I can inspect agenda-shell::*cs* and see that
> the :event-buffer is NIL. After manually signaling my troublesome event
> at the REPL the :event-buffer is still NIL. I can then manually call
> signal-event with some other event name and see it show up in
> :event-buffer, but repeated attempts to get 'my-event noticed is going
> nowhere.

Just to eliminate the obvious, I'm assuming that the signal-event is not
being evaluated in a different process from the control shell.  (In
other words, you are not seeing any "No control shell is servicing
event" warnings.)

The next thing to look at is to double check that there are KS trigger,
retrigger, or obviation events associated with "my-event".
Describe-all-event-functions will show this.  Only events that trigger
"control-shell activities" cause event objects to be created and put
onto the control-shell's event buffer.

--
believed to be clean.