[Gbbopen-list] Losing events

Paul Werkowski pw at snoopy.mv.com
Thu Mar 29 10:34:38 EDT 2007

I am working with the agenda-shell and sometimes get into a situation
where a KSA does (signal-event 'my-event :instance some-instance) but
the event does not get noticed by the shell even though there is a KSi
with that event name on its :trigger-events list.

When the shell then exits, I can inspect agenda-shell::*cs* and see that
the :event-buffer is NIL. After manually signaling my troublesome event
at the REPL the :event-buffer is still NIL. I can then manually call
signal-event with some other event name and see it show up in
:event-buffer, but repeated attempts to get 'my-event noticed is going
nowhere.

There was a time when it did work as expected, but only once so far.

Any clue as how best to debug this condition would be appreciated.

Paul

--
believed to be clean.