[Gbbopen-list] Startup error

Dan Corkill corkill at gbbopen.org
Sun Sep 5 01:08:01 EDT 2010

> Error in function MODULE-MANAGER::COMPILE-MODULE-FILES:
>   Directory /opt/GBBopen/linux86-cmucl-Snapshot/module-manager/ in
> module :MODULE-MANAGER doesn't exist.
>   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]
>
> Restarts:
>  0: [CREATE-IT ] Create this directory.
>  1: [CREATE-ALL] Create this directory and any future missing
> directories.
>  2: [ABORT     ] Return to Top-Level.
>
> Debug  (type H for help)

Andre,

You can simply continue from this error (using restart 1) or change the
default behavior of GBBopen when asked to compile into a missing directory
by setting *AUTOMATICALLY-CREATE-MISSING-DIRECTORIES* to true (for example,
in your shared-init.lisp file).

Alternatively, provide the :create-dirs option to the :gbbopen-user REPL
command that you issued.  E.g.:

* :gbbopen-user :create-dirs

Note that I recommend issuing a :compile-gbbopen REPL command when installing or
upgrading GBBopen to have all GBBopen modules compiled (the :compile-gbbopen
command binds *AUTOMATICALLY-CREATE-MISSING-DIRECTORIES* to true while it is
compiling).

> GBBopen was unziped and copied to the /opt directory with sudo.  How to
> solve this please?

Note that whoever compiles GBBopen files will need write (and directory creation)
permission, so consider carefully what protections you want on the GBBopen system.
If you want a "protected" GBBopen installation, then you should always do a full
:compile-gbbopen as sudo, so that GBBopen does not need to compile any of its files
that may be needed by a user/application.  Users can then compile their own
applications in whatever directory their applications reside (needing only read
access to the GBBopen system files).

-- Dan

--
believed to be clean.