[Gbbopen-list] SLIME

Dan Corkill corkill at gbbopen.org
Mon Feb 11 09:15:48 EST 2008

> Is there a recommended SLIME version that is newer
> than 2.0 that dates back to 2006-04-20 ?

I'm not a heavy SLIME user, but the latest SLIME CVS checkout has some
issues for me.

I needed to change swank-loader.lisp to check each package before
deleting it:

> (eval-when (:compile-toplevel :load-toplevel :execute)
>   (when (find-package :swank)
>     (delete-package :swank))
>   (when (find-package :swank-io-package)
>     (delete-package :swank-io-package))
>   (when (find-package :swank-backend)
>     (delete-package :swank-backend)))

Also, swank-clisp.lisp has not kept pace with recent changes to CLISP
internals (which it uses).  There are no sys::frame-up-1 and
sys::frame-down-1 functions.  I've not looked into this, so if a
CLISP/SLIME user has a fix please share.  I note to SLIME maintains is
also in order.

--
believed to be clean.