[Gbbopen-list] GBBopen on MCL

Dan Corkill corkill at gbbopen.org
Tue Nov 13 00:30:45 EST 2007

> I have tried to compile GBBopen on Macintosh Common Lisp 5.1, but the
> compiler complains that there is a function cll:make-semaphore missing
> (current SVN version of GBBopen).
>
> Is this a known error? (Sorry, but I am new in this list...)

Not known, but likely.  It looks like some of the Portable Threads
Interface for OpenMCL incorrectly assumed compatibility with MCL.
Active support/testing on MCL has lapsed, as the volunteer that was
doing this is no longer using MCL.  When this occurred, the GBBopen
Project requested a MCL license donation from Digitool to aid in
supporting GBBopen, but this did not happen.

If anyone wants to step up in terms of GBBOpen on MCL, that would be
great.  Another possibility might be for us to investigate what we might
be able to use (with the recent open-source discussion) to support/test
ourselves.  (We felt that we could not use the personal/trial edition
for GBBopen support/testing given the license terms.)

There may be other OpenMCL things that have also crept into the MCL
GBBopen port, but it would not be a major effort to track them down and
repair with access to an MCL system.

-- Dan

--
believed to be clean.