[Gbbopen-list] :trigger-events `((add-instance-to-space-instance-event ...

Dan Corkill corkill at gbbopen.org
Sat May 26 15:31:52 EDT 2007

>> It seems that the specified space instances must exist at the
>> time define-ks is evaluated, otherwise the event handlers don't
>> get activated (and don't show up in the (define-all-event-functions) output.
>>
>> Not sure if this is a feature or a result of something still on the
>> todo list?
>
> Paul,
>
> It is not a feature, and there is code in place to handle this situation
> (so it's not on the todo list).  However, I have duplicated this problem
> (bug) and am tracking it down.  Thanks for the report...

Paul,

The bug was a subtle one where the saved path event-function (and KS
trigger) designed to handle future-instantiated space instances was
being run before the new space instance was instantiated completely.
Thus, event-functions/KS-triggers were not being associated with the new
space instance.  The bug was masked by some non-optimal event-function
management code that was over-aggressive in saving path event-function
information and in searching through the saved information (which
recovered the desired behavior in some instances).

All of these issues have been addressed in a newly committed GBBopen
update that contains an extensive rewrite of the space-instance
event-function/KS-triggering mechanism.  There is a slight possibility
that some GBBopen applications may have unintentionally relied on the
incorrect path-related event-function/triggering behavior (so check
application behavior accordingly upon upgrading GBBopen).

Many thanks for the problem report!

-- Dan

--
believed to be clean.