[Gbbopen-list] Losing events

Dan Corkill corkill at gbbopen.org
Thu Mar 29 11:53:25 EDT 2007

> My-event was originally defined
>  (define-event-class my-event (single-instance-event)())
>
> I just changed it to inherit from non-instance-event and the problem
> went away. Any clue there?

Event function/printing propagation to new and redefined unit- and
event-class definitions is one area of GBBopen that is not completely
finished (see the lists on the What's New page for many of these).  It
may be that you have hit this issue.  Does the problem remain in a fresh
CL session (and where the event definitions and KS definitions don't
have any redefinitions?

> I have another event class which inherits from single-instance-event
> (which I haven't tried to use yet) and shows up oddly in the output from
> describe-all-event-functions:
>
> MY-OTHER-EVENT
>   STANDARD-UNIT-INSTANCE
>     Triggers: MY-KS
>   MY-UNIT-CLASS-X
>     Triggers: MY-KS
>   MY-UNIT-CLASS-Y
>     Triggers: MY-KS
>   <a long list like this>
>
> where MY-KS is the only KS I have that wants MY-OTHER-EVENT.
> I didn't expect to see the other unit classes listed there.

Did you specific :plus-subclasses on the :ks-triggers of MY-KS?

--
believed to be clean.